   Re: BizTalk.org Press Release

  • From: "Carl Hage" <carl@chage.com>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 16:15:58 -0800

I don't understand why BizTalk was created. To me, this looks like
a reinvention of email, but using XML tags and proprietary naming
systems instead of RFC-822/MIME headers with the Internet
DNS system for message exchange naming and routing.

>From my reading of the spec-- BizTalk is not just a repository-- it's
a non-standard email scheme. All BizTalk XML documents require
a wrapper analogous to RFC822 headers.

Rather than use a scheme incompatible with existing messaging
systems, the IETF-EDI approach to utilizing existing Internet
standards should be used to exchange XML messages with
signatures and receipts. BizTalk, xml.org, etc. should be
standardizing the message content (or really standardizing the way
to _document_ the message definitions), not defining a new
incompatible messaging infrastructure.
Carl Hage                                              C. Hage Associates
<mailto:carl@chage.com> Voice/Fax: 1-408-244-8410      1180 Reed Ave #51
<http://www.chage.com/chage/>                          Sunnyvale, CA 94086

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest