Lists Home |
Date Index |
- From: Lars Marius Garshol <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: "XML Developers' List" <email@example.com>
- Date: 01 Jun 1999 23:35:55 +0200
* David Megginson
| There is an alpha version of SAX2 for Java available for download from
Great! I'm really happy to see SAX2 moving forward another step.
Immediate reactions: it looks good, but filters seem to be missing.
I think filters really should be in SAX2, for the following reasons:
- the basic filter interface and concept is simple and fundamental
- having a single basic standard for filters is important, as many
different packages will probably/hopefully use them as pluggable
components (MDSAX, SAXON, XSL processors, parsers etc)
- it needs to be done anyway, and doing it in SAX2 saves us an extra
layer of standards
I'll start on translating SAX2 to Python now and accumulate more
specific comments as I do so.
xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers. To post, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Archived as: http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/ and on CD-ROM/ISBN 981-02-3594-1
To (un)subscribe, mailto:email@example.com the following message;
To subscribe to the digests, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org the following message;
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:email@example.com)