   Re: Saving XML document

  • From: David Brownell <david-b@pacbell.net>
  • To: Navreena Gill <ngill@eecs.uic.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jun 1999 19:04:52 -0700

Navreena Gill wrote:

> Hello List,
>       I am using SUN parser to parse an XML, modify it and write it back.
> I use Write function of XMLDocument with UTF-8 encoding. But the file it
> produces has all those squere boxes after each line break.

I can see two things this might be.

First is a bug that's been fixed in the latest release (TR2, available
now) where writing text didn't actually use the platform line end; so,
on Win32, rather than seeing a CRLF you'd see just a LF.

Second, which may be less likely in this case, is that you need to be
usin an editor which really talks UTF-8 !!

>	 How do I get
> rid of those? These boxes show up while opening the saved file in notepad.
> In wordpad it is fine.  I have tried using xmlWriteChildren with pretty
> printing setting, this also does not work.

Get the TR2 release of Sun's package, and see if that fixes the CRLF
issue for you.

- Dave

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest