   RE: Well-Formed SNAFU

  • From: "WorldNet" <csgallagher@worldnet.att.net>
  • To: "Tim Bray" <tbray@textuality.com>,"David Brownell" <david-b@pacbell.net>,"XML Developer" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 09:52:08 -0500

> David Brownell wrote:
> >Paul Grosso wrote:
> >Hmm, interesting.  I'd not seen that one before.  I wonder how
> >widely that one is accepted?

> From: owner-xml-dev@ic.ac.uk [mailto:owner-xml-dev@ic.ac.uk]On Behalf Of
> Tim Bray
> Yes, new (and clever).  I suspect that will work on any browser known
> to humankind. -T.

Yes, using <br class="html-compatibility-mode"/> does seem to work in NC4.x
and IE5.x using...

"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/transitional.dtd">

Would the same hold true using 'strict'? I need to question for
understanding wether the class itself needs to be defined somewhere as I've
been needing to do with CSS? Does it not or is the recognition of the
html-compatibility-mode attribute value something the parsing agent
recognizes via the DOCTYPE mechanism? The document I'm using as a learning
model was created using MS Word 2000...which arguably will be IMHO how most
XML documents in the near future will be created by the larger population of
users that in turn will require modification and refinement by others.

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)