   Announcement: XML Spy 2.5 with DTD-Validation and three-view architectur

  • From: "Falk, Alexander" <falk@icon.at>
  • To: XML-L@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE, xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 04:16:12 +0200

Fellow XML developers,

it is my pleasure to announce the release of XML Spy 2.5 final today! After
many weeks of hard work and with the support of our beta testers we have
finalized this new major update to our XML editor software for Windows.

Version 2.5 introduces complete DTD-Validation support and the new
three-view architecture:

*	The Enhanced Grid View is what already made XML Spy so popular with
our existing customers. It shows the entire structure of an XML document in
a hierarchical presentation that allows in-place editing of all elements.

*	The new Source View gives you the option to view the XML document in
source form with customizable syntax-coloring and allows you to directly
edit the source for low-level tasks.

*	The integrated Browser View uses Internet Explorer 5 to render your
XML document inside XML Spy. This view fully supports CSS and XSL and can be
displayed in a separate window so that you can keep one of the above editing
views and the browser view side-by-side for maximum editing comfort.

Please visit our web-server to download the new version:

	http://www.xmlspy.com

If you have previously installed XML Spy, but not yet purchased a license
and would like to evaluate this version, you may be getting reminders that
your original evaluation period has already expired. If this happens to you,
please send a short message to mailto:sales@xmlspy.com and request a free
30-day evaluation extension key-code to try the new version.

We hope that you will enjoy this new release as much as we do! Please send
any comments, feedback, or suggestions to mailto:support@xmlspy.com.

Sincerely,

Alexander Falk

(un)subscribe xml-dev