   Data Islands and applets

  • From: "Raghavendra, Karthik (CTS)" <RKarthik@CHN.CTS-CORP.COM>
  • To: 'XML-Dev' <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 14:23:21 +0530

Title: Data Islands and applets

Hi,

I have an applet that loads a XML file and displays the contents as a table.  Is it possible to use data islands instead ?  I want to have the data island and the applet in the same html page and make the applet access the XML data in the data island.  The reason for doing this is to give the user the option to save the data island for reuse elsewhere.  This is similar to the way in which Office 2000 products save data in XML format.  Thanks in advance.

Karthik