   Re: Corba and XML

  • From: Lars Marius Garshol <larsga@ifi.uio.no>
  • To: "xml-dev" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: 16 Jun 1999 22:25:59 +0200

* F. A. A.

| could you please help me out with some useful pointers to some kind
| of marriage between corba and XML? maybe some sort of xml2idl, maybe
| marshalling using xml?

The XML-RPC people already do marshalling with XML, although not in a
CORBA context. (This makes sense, since if you have CORBA IIOP is much
more attractive for various reasons, one of which is speed.)

Also, the OMG has recently issued a specification they call XMI, which
provides a mapping from an OMG information model to an XML DTD. You
can find the specification on the OMG site. (My copy is still in the
to-be-read heap, unfortunately.)

Personally, I'm currently doing an MSc thesis on what CORBA and
SGML/XML may have to contribute to one another in the context of
building publishing systems. I hope to complete that thesis in the
very near future.

If you're interested you can come to Metastructures '99 to hear me
talk about it. :)

| ------=_NextPart_000_0013_01BEB322.E7F362E0
|
| R0lGODlh/wNdAPf/AP///4SEhIyMjJSUlJycnKWlpa2trbW1tb29vcbGxs7OztbW1t7e3ufn5+/v
| 7/f3987GxtbOzt7W1r21ta2lpbWtrca9vZyUlKWcnMa9td7WztbOxr21rc7Gvefezt7Wxt7Wve/v
| 5/f37///987OxtbWzt7e1ufn3r29ta2tpbW1rcbGvZSUjJyclKWlnIyMhN7ezufn1u/v3tbWxr29

What's this?

--Lars M.

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest