   Re: Building the "World's Largest Portal" with XML

  • From: "Jeff Langdon" <jlangdon@copeland.com>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk,xsl-list@mulberrytech.com,XML-L@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 08:55:42 -0400

FYI...

Did anybody else get this annoying solicitation?

Is this person just pulling names off the mailing lists?

Please excuse the cross posting

Jeff Langdon
Senior Web Developer
The Copeland Companies

Cathey Cotten <cathey@metasearchinc.com> on 06/16/99 06:36:40 PM

To:   Jeff Langdon/IT/The Copeland Companies@The Copeland Companies
cc:

Subject:  Building the "World's Largest Portal" with XML

My name is Cathey Cotten. I am the Founder of MetaSearch Inc.,
one of the Bay Area's leading Technology Industry Search Firms.

I have recently had an opportunity to review an overview
you had written with regard to XML technology and I was
wondering if you would be interested in entertaining career
opportunities.

MetaSearch is a consulting firm specialized in staffing experts
for pre-IPO start-ups in electronic commerce and knowledge
management.  These players are well positioned for the marketplace
in their respective fields. As such, the value proposition that
most offer to our candidates is an aggressive salary, a challenging
environment and pre-IPO equity.

As XML is fast becoming the standard Web specification, many
of our clients are using it to build their e-commerce businesses.
One of our current clients is building a truly exciting fast-paced
electronic-commerce project that will be one of the "World's Largest
Portals" with the expectation of 250 Million Hits and over a Billion
page views per day!

This project is working in conjunction with several companies and
nations.  Not only will you be working with some of the Internet's
"heavy hitters" ... you will be building a portal for a great cause.
The project will include streaming of live events and world-wide
simulcasts both on radio and television.

We are also working with a pre-ipo "start-up" head quartered in
Silicon Valley.  This company develops business-to-business
electronic commerce software products and services that automate
business transactions and collaborative processes in the supply chain.
These applications enable participation/collaboration of the supply
channel in material planning/forecast, quote and procurement management,
engineering change management, new product introduction, flow-through
distribution, logistics integration, and other business processes.
In addition to the realization of tremendous cost savings, reduction
in cycle times and errors, and increased efficiencies and gains in
productivity, these applications enable companies to source, manufacture,
and ship on a global level.

I would like an opportunity to speak with you to discuss in more detail
your experience, career aspirations, and current requirements. I invite
you to visit our web site at www.metasearchinc.com to familiarize yourself
both with our firm and with the current open positions.

If you are not entertaining new opportunities at this time would you kindly
send a simple reply to this E-mail to that effect. Thank you.

I can be reached at 415.256.2970. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Best regards,

Cathey

     Beatrice Murch
     Communications Manager
     MetaSearch Inc.
     Post Office Box 129
     San Anselmo, CA 94960, USA
     Voice: 415.256.2970
     Data:  415.256.2979
     http://www.metasearchinc.com

MetaSearch focuses on one of the most critical challenges
for technology managers today...locating the best talent
available to build dynamic teams.  We are committed to
assisting emerging technology companies hire world-class,
high-performance contributors in software development,
sales, marketing and operations.

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk)