   Re: Advice on DTD's

  • From: "Rick Jelliffe" <ricko@allette.com.au>
  • To: <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 00:03:40 +1000

 From: Andrew Wheeler <akwheel@talos.org>
 >I am currently working for client that has developed a data model and
is
>using an XML DTD to describe it. ...We would like to
>produce the DTD without comments for applications, and some other
output
>that would document the hierarchical structure of the DTD but with
added
>bonus of clicking on a element and getting a description for it (We do
>not really want to spend time writing bespoke code, which we have to
>maintain).

Err...what about HTML?

You write the DTD in an HTML editor with some JavaScript popup links on
each interesting keyword.

To generate the text version of the DTD, SaveAs... to text.

You can hypertext link to any part of the DTD and you don't need to buy
any tools, or sit around waiting for future DTD-in-instance-schema tools
to be marketed.

Rick Jelliffe

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest