   Re: XML Editors - Word 2000??

  • From: Paul Prescod <paul@prescod.net>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 09:48:47 -0400

"Steven Livingstone, ITS, SENM" wrote:

> I have had a look at a few editors now.
>
> One thing that (at least the ones I have looked at so for) is common in them
> is the XMl Notepad look - i.e. A line with a couple of tags and space to
> insert your text.
>
> To me it seems that this is pretty much the only way you could do this, but
> feedback I have had from people not knowledgeble about XML is that they
> don't consider them serious editors (although I happily work with them).

Well I'm fairly knowledgable about XML and I don't consider this sort of
editor to be serious either. Download a demo of Documentor. It isn't
anything like that at all. Neither are AdeptEditor nor XMetaL (no free
demos AFAIK).

> What other methods do/are XML editors using to make it very much easier for
> users. I imagine some intelligent package which ...
>
> Is such a things available yet or in the pipleline?

Yes, such tools were available years before XML even existed (for SGML of
course).

 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

Those who profess to favor freedom and yet depreciate agitation, are men
who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without
thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the roar of its many
waters. - Fredrick Douglass
 http://www.informamerica.com/Articles/Quotes.htm

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest