   WYSIWYG..??

  • From: "Om Band" <om@lgsi.co.in>
  • To: "xml-developers" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>, "XML-General Discussion" <XML-L@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 12:35:52 +0530

Hi All,
We are trying to develop a XML Wizard with some standard templates (Like MS PowerPoint).
Default view will be something which we will give...The user can replace the existing text with his own one, change colors...fonts but not the basic layout.
We can't do this in browser, as we can't change the text at run time. Can Java do this with WYSIWYG manner? Can Java Project X help me?
If I replicate the same XML in Java Frame or Applet, the problem is both XML's and Java's layouts are not precisely controllable.

Thanks..Om