   RE: IE5 Parser

  • From: "Steven Livingstone, ITS, SENM" <steven.livingstone@scotent.co.uk>
  • To: "Hunter, David" <dhunter@Mobility.com>, XML Developers <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 17:04:25 +0100

I know that they are the same parser, but the statement which you get before
the download implies to me that they are selling it not only as an add on
for IE 4 users, but server-side and non-browser XML developments.
<paste>
Microsoft XML Parser Redistributable
The Microsoft XML Parser is implemented as a COM component, providing a
complete XML foundation for Windows DNA applications. Features include:
*	A comprehensive, language-neutral programming model, including
support for ECMAScript, Java, Perl, Python, SQL, the Visual Basic®
development system, the Visual C++® development system, or Visual Basic
Scripting Edition (VBScript).
*	Support for the W3C XML 1.0, XML DOM, and Namespaces
recommendations.
*	Support for DTDs and validation.
*	The industry's first support for XSL, querying, and a schema
technology preview.
The Microsoft XML Parser has a high performance, multi-threaded architecture
that makes it ideally suited for both client and server-side XML and XSL
processing.
</paste>

Cheers
Steven