   RE: XML for forms

  • From: Michael Rossi <mrossi@crusher.jcals.csc.com>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 13:18:25 -0400

Barclay Blair wrote:

> Rob and Gavin,
>
> Thanks for the responses -- very interesting! I always enjoy exchanging
> ideas  (or barbs, as the case may be, Gavin :)).  I have some concerns
that
> we're in danger of boring the rest of the group with the semantics of form
> presentation etc., so I'd be happy to continue the discussion individually
> with each of you, instead of on the list. That is, unless the group or
> yourselves feel strongly about continuing the dialogue on the list.

   This discussion, while quite interesting, is clearly inappropriate for
this list - as Tim noted. But I do have a (hopefully) more relevant
question. As someone who has only begun to look into both
technologies/products, I have yet to determine whether each
technology/product will allow me to interact with their forms using standard
DOM/SAX methods.

   From what I've seen so far I'm concerned that this need to capture
presentation aspects of a form might be leading to proprietary development
within the underlying specs. I'm envisioning working with XML-based forms in
the context of a larger XML-enabled process and I'd hate to get tied into a
single product to support that requirement.

   Again, I haven't had a chance to go far enough yet. But feel free to
enlighten me please. Thanks.

Mike

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest