   general external entity reference from a DTD to another one?

  • From: "Giorgos Kaltekis" <mcaihgk4@stud.umist.ac.uk>
  • To: "xml-dev" <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 20:20:35 -0700

can I use a reference to a general external entity within a DTD to refer to another DTD?
For example if I declare
<!ENTITY Chapter1 SYSTEM "chapter1.dtd">

can I use the following within a DTD for book, let's say book.dtd :
<!ELEMENT Book (CHAPTER1|CHAPTER2)>
<!ELEMENT CHAPTER1 ("&Chapter1;")>

so that I give the CHAPTER1 element the structure described in chapter1.dtd?

cheers
George