   Version 2.25 of Perl module XML::Parser released

  • From: Clark Cooper <coopercc@netheaven.com>
  • To: perl-xml@listserv.activestate.com, xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 07:07:36 -0400

I've uploaded version 2.25 of XML::Parser to CPAN. This version contains
Version 19990709 of expat.

This is mainly a bug fix release. But there's also an additional external
entity handler that handles general external entities (deals with URIs
other than "file:..."). If the LWP package is installed, this handler
is registered as the external entity handler instead of the file only
handler.

Since I had problems sending out my mail announcement for version 2.24, I
want to reiterate that XML::Parser now expands parameter entities and
reads external DTDs if the option ParseParamEnt is set.

2.25 Fri Jul 23 06:23:43 EDT 1999
	- Now using Version 19990709 of expat. No local patches.
	- Numerous people reported a SEGV problem when running t/cdata
	  on various platforms and versions of perl. The problem was
	  introduced with the setHandlers change. In some cases an
	  un-initialized value was being returned.
	- Added an additional external entity handler, lwp_ext_ent_handler,
	  that deals with general URIs. It is installed instead of the
	  "file only" handler if the LWP package is installed.

--
Clark Cooper		Software Engineer	Home:   coopercc@netheaven.com
			Schenectady, NY	USA	Work:   cccooper@ltionline.com

(un)subscribe xml-dev