   XLL (was Re: FW: xml-dev Digest V1 #339)

  • From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 09:18:30 -0400

At 01:21 PM 7/25/99 +0700, sunker@telkom.net wrote:
> http://www.geocities.com/researchtriangle/campus/7211
>
>How about XLL ? when i tried to pull it in xsl the grouping in xml link
>couldn't run well ? any body could help ?

I couldn't find anything that looked like XLink on your site, so I'm not
sure what the question is.

In general, XLL is now called XLink.  There hasn't been a new working draft
since 3 March 1998.  A new draft is supposed to come out real soon now,
though that's been the case since April or so.

As for XSL and XLink, I don't think XSL provides an enormous amount of
support for XLink.  (This may have changed recently, of course.)  While you
can make things like XLink extended links function using XSL, the XSL draft
doesn't have a lot of tools for XLink processing in particular.  Given the
delays on the XLink draft, this is sad but not surprising.

You may want to ask more specific questions regarding XLink and XSL on the
XSL-list:

Simon St.Laurent
XML: A Primer / Building XML Applications
Sharing Bandwidth / Cookies
http://www.simonstl.com

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest