   reftype (IDREF constraints)

  • From: Robin Cover <robin@isogen.com>
  • To: XML Dev <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 18:29:28 -0500 (CDT)

I confess that I've not been able to keep up with
all the recent W3C working drafts in detail...

So: are any of the new specs addressing the
matter of constraints upon referenced elements?
In current syntax, this would amount to saying
that IDREF(s) in a given case could only be
pointers to specified (classes of) GIs, as
approximately in the HyTime 'reftype'.

Where would/should this concern for scope
(semantics) be addressed in the W3C drafts?
Are there any dramatic proposals in the works
for bedrock re-design, or improvement of the
ID - IDREF mechanism?

Thanks.

-rcc

(un)subscribe xml-dev