   RE: Preserving white space and entity references in DataChannel XJP

  • From: "Erik James Freed" <ejfreed@infocanvas.com>
  • To: "Vance Christiaanse" <vance@textwise.com>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 20:30:33 -0700

Vance,

Yes indeed this is not a pure DOM/XML issue, however the DC extension does
purport to
adhere to standard XML concepts.

The following is from the datachannel documentation on the
PreserveWhiteSpace parameter:

	"As per the XML Language Specification, this specifies the white space
handling for the 	application; that is, the default white space handling to
apply when 	xml:space="default". If preserveWhiteSpace is true, all white
space will be preserved 	regardless of the setting of any xml:space
attributes in the document. The white space 	will be preserved by additional
text nodes being present in the tree. If 	preserveWhiteSpace is false, then
the values of the xml:space attribute specified in 	the document will
determine whether white space is preserved or not. "

So with that clarification is this a bug or a feature?

erik