   Re: Processing Instruction?: including a java string variable in the val

  • From: David Brownell <david-b@pacbell.net>
  • To: cgrigsby@infinet.com
  • Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 19:06:00 -0700

cgrigsby@infinet.com wrote:

> I'm trying to include the value of a variable in the value of an node
> when i parse it into my application. for example:
>
> the xml node:
> <URL>https://<?java Results.elementAt(0)?>/test.html</URL>
>
> the java:
> q = new XQLQuery("URL");
> queryResult = q.execute(nodeAction);
> String sURL = "";
> for(int j = 0; j < queryResult.getLength(); j++){
>     node = (Node)queryResult.getItem(j);
>     sURL += node.getChildNodes().item(0).getNodeValue().trim();
> }
>
> The problem is that I'm not getting the processing instruction to
> work.  sURL end up being "https://"

There's nothing fundamental that'd prevent that from working.

On the other hand, you didn't say whose API you're using to
achieve that ... "XQLQuery" isn't a standard DOM class.  Given
such an answer, someone should be able to help you.

I've done comparable things with PIs, though not using any
package that claims to work like any version of XQL -- just
plain old DOM massaging of PIs.

- Dave

(un)subscribe xml-dev
subscribe xml-dev-digest