   RE: Programming "Glue Layer" between the database and XML

  • From: Ronald Bourret <rbourret@ito.tu-darmstadt.de>
  • To: Xml-Dev <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 09:47:08 +0200

Jim Garrett wrote:

>    So is anyone working on or has worked on the
>    glue programming glue that lets one suck data
>    from the SQL database into the XML doc ??
>    Or is this list just concerned with just starting from
>    the XML document up to the web user ??

I've written a set of Java packages, called XML-DBMS, for transferring data
between XML documents and relational databases. XML-DBMS views the XML
document as a tree of objects (element types are usually classes, and
PCDATA and attributes are properties of those classes) and map these to the
database with an object-relational mapping. Included in XML-DBMS is an
XML-based mapping language used to define the object view and map it to the
database. XML-DBMS is free for all uses and comes with source code. For
more info and download, see:

http://www.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/DVS1/staff/bourret/xmldbms/xmldbms
.htm

-- Ron Bourret