   Question: How to save an XML file locally using DOM in IE5?

  • From: "Jami Kuan" <jkuan@infoserve.net>
  • To: <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 02:20:07 -0700

Hi,

I am trying to create a GUI in IE 5 for editing XML documents using the DOM.  After either adding/deleting elements from an XML document, an error is always given when I apply the save method, trying to save a copy of the changed XML file locally.  Could anyone who knows how answer my question, please?

 Here is what I did in my Jscript:

<XML ID="domData" SRC="myFile.xml"></XML>

 // get the XML document object
theXMLDoc = document.all.domData;

// use DOM interface/method to edit the XML document

// call the save method after all changes are made
  docXML=document.all("domData");
  docXML.save("myFile.xml");