   Question regarding XML for EDI

  • From: "huisien" <huisien@pl.jaring.my>
  • To: <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 23:27:59 +0800

Hi,

        I am actually developing a computerised online payment system ( something like GIRO). In my system, I allow customer to pay their bills ( for example Insurance bill, water bill, electricity bill and etc) through GIRO. Therefore, I need to read from the database of all the service providers and the data they provided are in different format. Therefore, what I get from my research is that I can use EDI to format all the data from different service providers. I choose XML as a language for developing EDI.

        But, I will be using Visual Basic to write my application with embedded SQL statement. So, how can I integrate XML into my system. I heard that XML can only be integrated with JAVA. Is that really so?

        Thank you for your precious information. I really hope that someone can actually answer my question. Thank YOU.

from,
JUNE