   RE: why distinctions within XHTML?

  • From: "Erik James Freed" <ejfreed@infocanvas.com>
  • To: "David Brownell" <david-b@pacbell.net>, "Ann Navarro" <ann@webgeek.com>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 09:40:14 -0700

As I read and listen to more and more of these w3c versus the masses
battles, I have to confess that the
missing element is the argument for *not* providing greater
exposure/accountability. Is it: Exposure of
proprietary information? Cost? Time? Quality? Personal attacks? Perhaps
these concerns/realities could be
overcome? They certainly seem to be worth substantive attention on the part
of all concerned. Surely the W3
cannot afford to not change in response to what appears to be widespread
(and growing!) agreement that there
is a problem?

good luck to us all!

erik