   Someone's or something is filtering my message!

  • From: David Megginson <david@megginson.com>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 16:45:51 -0400 (EDT)

David Megginson writes:

 > It's not a question of being worth the time (God knows how many
 > person-hours we put into debating and deing Namespaces REC, but it
 > must be at least 10 person hours per word) --

Depending on your mail reader, you may or may not see four nuls (^@)
in the above excerpt in the word preceding "Namespaces REC".  Here's
what originally went out:

  It's not a question of being worth the time (God knows how many
  person-hours we put into debating and designing Namespaces REC, but it
  must be at least 10 person hours per word) --

Here's how it looks on my screen now:

  It's not a question of being worth the time (God knows how many
  person-hours we put into debating and de^@^@^@^@ing Namespaces REC, but it
  must be at least 10 person hours per word) --

I left out the 'the' myself, but somehow between when the message left
my computer and it arrived back from the server, the string 'sign' was
replaced with four nuls in "designing".  I had the same problem with a
different string in another posting, and I noticed the problem in a
posting from Steve Newcomb as well.

It would be useful to know if anyone else is seeing this, so that I
can start figuring out where this is happening (is it happening on the
way out or the way back?).  I don't know how any family filter could
mistake 'sign' for a naughty word, but they are pretty stupid pieces
of software.

All the best,

David

           http://www.megginson.com/i]z%_	s
ޖ^見-fׯƜ@+ry֬i0XȜiˤz_W^v
75mS칻&ޙݢj"q.^~eg{.n+W^:,&޶ayؠzlݢj"q.^~egr{u݊(اj+ޥ[h7j'r