   RE: Getting the SystemID from DocType

  • From: "Goyal, Sanjeev" <Sanjeev.Goyal@usa.xerox.com>
  • To: "'David Brownell'" <david-b@pacbell.net>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 10:10:13 -0400

Dave,

> > Also if I invoke getDoctype(), it return DocumentType
> object which doesn't
> > have enough public method to get the system id for the
> DocType of this
> > XmlDocument.
>
> I suggest you look at the source code and you'll see what's going on.
> That's a big part of why it's provided.

I have seen the source code for it. The implementation class Doctype.java
for (DocumentType interface) has private variables defined for systemId and
public Ids for external dtd subsets, that's why the systemId for DTD is
printed out (in DOCTYPE declaration) when I tried to write XML back from a
XmlDocument object. But there is no public method to access this systemId
(for external dtd subset) from DocumentType object, returned from
getDoctype() API on XmlDocument class. In my application I need to know this
systemId. If DocumentType is not the right object to get this systemId than
how do access this systemId ? Is it possible ?

Thanks in advance,
Sanjeev