   RE: DOM serialization

  • From: Leigh Dodds <ldodds@ingenta.com>
  • To: xml-dev <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 15:43:05 +0100

>Is it possible to serialize/deserialize DOM trees into/from binary format?
>I have multiple XML and XSL files, and don't to want to spend time parsing
them for >each XML/XSL combinaison.

You could implement a proprietary method to do so, but there is as yet no
standardised method. I refer you to the following thread in the
archive on binary encoding of XML for communication:
http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/xml-dev-Sep-1999/0766.html

Particularly:
http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/xml-dev-Sep-1999/0839.html

L.