   Re: Encodings

  • From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 12:14:26 -0400

At 11:58 AM 10/14/99 -0400, Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:
>There is no good single source of reference for all these. [...]
>However, if all you want are the official names of all the different
>encodings you'll find them at
>
>http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.2/docs/guide/internat/encoding.doc.html

Wow!  This is great.  It figures that I should have been looking through
your Java I/O book sitting on my shelf rather than surfing through too many
bad search engine results.  Now if only they'd link that list to more
details about each encoding...

Simon St.Laurent
XML: A Primer, 2nd Ed.
Building XML Applications