   Re: C++ SAX Parser objects and a push InputSource

  • From: Steinar Bang <sb@metis.no>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: 22 Oct 1999 11:05:48 +0200

>> Is there support within SAX (the Java one) for a request/response
>> model, similar to the one used by libwww, where a file is requested,
>> and the data is pushed onto a "stream" object as they arrive?

Ah!  Requesting an HTTP URI, and getting the result back as a stream
you can read from, is built-in functionality in Java it looks like.

Presumably you would delegate a thread to listen to the connection,
and wake the thread every time it has data...?

Since no such standard functionality exists in C++, I still think the
best option is to have Parser derive from ostream, that an
request/response mechanism can use.