   Re: XLL, Anything Happening?

  • From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 20:56:50 -0400

At 07:49 PM 10/27/99 -0400, Thomas Deckert wrote:
>I've been quietly watching the mail list to see if any information
>on the X Link Language (XLL) would pop up, but I've seen nothing.

The spec's taken some time developing, apparently, and the current version
has lots of open questions.

>The ability to link into remote web pages where one does not have
>write permissions is extremely interesting, so if anyone has information
>about any development efforts going on, or beta implementations or
>anything, please let me know!

You might check Steve DeRose's implementation list at:
http://www.stg.brown.edu/~sjd/XML-Linking/xptr-implementations.html

I've got a resources page (for my own XLinkFilter, which has slowed along
with the spec) at:
http://www.simonstl.com/projects/xlinkfilter/resources.html

The xlxp-dev mailing list (devoted to XLink and XPointer) has archives at:
http://www.fsc.fujitsu.com/hybrick/xlxp-dev/maillist.html

Simon St.Laurent
XML: A Primer, 2nd Ed.
Building XML Applications