   Re: A Plea for Schemas

  • From: Matthew Gertner <matthew@praxis.cz>
  • To: Oliver Becker <obecker@informatik.hu-berlin.de>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 13:41:47 +0200

Ouch... I never should have let those graphic designers near my
document! ;-)

Seriously, I don't see much benefit in publishing valid HTML documents
at this point. There's too much junk out there for this to reduce the
burden on processing software to deal with faulty HTML. My point was
that we need to be vigilant that the same does not happen as people move
over to XML-based sites (as we will in the near future -- what was that
about the cobbler's children?).

Cheers,
Matthew