   RE: Appending to an XML document

  • From: Larry Watanabe <LWatanab@JetForm.com>
  • To: "'uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com'" <uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com>, Ingo Macherius <macherius@darmstadt.gmd.de>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 10:16:19 -0500

The decision to make an XML document contain just a single element is the
root of the problem. Perhaps the specification for future versions could
accept multiple elements in a single document. This would make concatenation
simple and has worked well in the lisp world which operates on similar
structures (s-expressions) both for representation of program and data.

-Larry Watanabe