   RE: Musing over Namespaces

  • From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@netfolder.com>
  • To: <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 19:02:02 -0500

Hi Don,

Don said:
> I started with the question: "Why isn't there namespaces
> in normal languages like English?"  A boring and divergent
> question.

Didier reply:
Yes we have name space for English or any language. This is the non verbal
annotation that comes with the word or it is the tone or a combination of
both.

When we write, we simply suppress the name space and this is why sometime we
have to add more qualifier or simply more explanations or add symbols like
;-) to add the name space qualifier. So if I say Pokemon ;-) (this is
because we are both parent and you now what I mean by pokemon or can imagine
the tone) , or Pokemon :-) (this is because I am under 12), or Pokemon
-( (I just came from the store and got had by a Pokemon store). So, you can
imagine symbols like ;-), :-) or :-( after a word as name space qualifiers.

Cheers
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@netfolder.com
http://www.netfolder.com