   Re: SAX2 Namespace Support

  • From: "Richard Anderson" <rja@arpsolutions.demon.co.uk>
  • To: "David Megginson" <david@megginson.com>,"XMLDev list" <xml-dev-digest@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 23:43:37 -0000

Why are you trying to complicate ours lifes :)

Please change these from:

>   public void startElement (String ns, String name,
>                             AttributeList atts)
>     throws SAXException;
>
>   public void endElement (String ns, String name)
>     throws SAXException;

to:

>   public void startElement (String nsPrefix, String ns, String name,
>                             AttributeList atts)
>     throws SAXException;
>
>   public void endElement (String nsPrefix,String ns, String name)
>     throws SAXException;

We can build ours DOM more easily this way dont have to buffer the other
namespace events.  I also would be surprised if at least 80% of SAX2 users
a) wouldnt mind this being present b) would probably use it

Anybody agree with me or am I standing in the dark all alone on this ?

Thanks,

Rich