   Using count in xsl

  • From: "tmmet tvp" <tmmet@hotmail.com>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 13:53:57 PST

Hi,
I want to get the count of total number of nodes in my xml file.How can I do
this in xsl?.Since,IE5 doesnot support XSLT,I can't use XSLT functions like
position,count(),from-descendants() etc.
In MSXML,we have <xsl:script>,in which I can call the function for
incrementing my count(variable).I would be glad if there is any other method
to do this(getting the count of total nodes,subnodes of a particular
type/tag etc) using XSL which will work in IE5 also.Any ideas will be
greatly helpful for me.
Thanks in advance.