   Announce: XMLIO v0.6 released - push data/CDATA/comments

  • From: Paul Miller <stele@fxtech.com>
  • To: sml-dev@egroups.com, xml-dev <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2000 08:47:13 -0500

I've added expat-style push handlers for data, CDATA, and comments to
XML::Input. This allows you to decide at each subelement whether to pull
the data inside your element handler or to have it pushed to you at a
different handler. The same goes for CDATA and comments. Like expat,
data is "chunked" to the data handlers. When all of the data for a
specific event has been delivered, a block of length 0 is sent to
indicate that there is no more data.

As usual, if you are not looking for a certain element and/or data, it
will be skipped automatically. These features are also provided without
any additional memory overhead, as is the goal of the XML::Input design.

I've also added two new sample applications:
dump.c - processes an XML file using a recursive element handler and
writes the input to another file (also times the process)
convert.cpp - a C++ version that uses XML::Output and also handles
comments and CDATA.

See the README and download 0.6 at http://www.fxtech.com/xmlio.

--
Paul Miller - stele@fxtech.com