   Re: hierarchical database for repository

  • From: "Frank Richards" <frichards@poet.com>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2000 12:29:46 -0500

Simon,

You can do what you want with the Poet OSS. It's an object database, which of course means
it can be but needn't be hierarchical. It has complete Java bindings. There's a free eval
version for download...You only have to pay when you start shipping that killer app.

I support Poet's Content Management System. This is the database the CMS is built on and
it's good stuff. (Or I wouldn't have taken the job:))

Frank
On Fri, 7 Jan 2000 15:29:21 -0800, Simon St.Laurent wrote:

>I'm looking around for a cheap - ideally open source - hierarchical
>database to use with some XML experiments.  I'm aware of ADABAS and Tamino
>from Software AG (which are way out of the price range) and dbb, a Berkeley
>binary tree DB that gets used in lots of LDAP applications.  Simplicity is
>a virtue - I'm not looking for something that does it all, just something I
>can feed tree structures and get them back again.

Frank Richards
Poet Software
781-238-0208 x333
frichards@poet.com