   document generation

  • From: Corbett.Klempay@trilogy.com
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 12:02:14 -0600

I'm relatively new, so this may be a kind of newbie question:

I need to pull loads of info from a DB and generate some XML conforming to
a DTD I made up recently.  My question is: is the recommended way of
generating XML in this scenario to just actually write the XML out to a
PrintWriter, printing a line at time (sort of a 'manual' process)...or is
there some certain recommended way of building the document in memory and
then writing it out at once? (or, more likely, buildling a few nodes at a
time and writing them; the potential memory requirements of a document of
this size would be prohibitive)

---
Corbett J. Klempay
Trilogy Software, Inc.