   EI5 Message with Entities (fwd)

  • From: John Robert Gardner <jrgardn@emory.edu>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 15:20:09 -0500 (EST)

Since IE5 kick-abouts are periodically acceptable, I'm having a deuce of a
time understanding by I get the following choke:

<snip_ie5>

The XML page cannot be displayed Cannot view XML input using XSL style
sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh
<javascript:location.reload()> button, or try again later.   Entity
'openparenheb' contains an infinite entity reference loop. Line 3,
Position 10

<tei.2 id="n0021-9231.114.art.0385">

</snip_ie5>

The little arrow points to the 10'th char. of the root element, the tei.2
element, but teh line 3 is the actual entity declaration:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE TEI.2 SYSTEM "atlas_teixlite.dtd" [
<!ENTITY openparenheb "&openparenheb;" >
<!ENTITY closeparenheb "&closeparenheb;" >
]>

<tei.2 id="n0021-9231.114.art.0385">

<teiHeader>

<fileDesc>

---- and so on

Any thoughts on this?  If this is a no-brainer, beneath the level of
converse on this list, please accept apologies, but if there's not
something obvious, what's the theory here?

jr