   Re: SAX2: pull interface

  • From: Stefan Haustein <stefan.haustein@trantor.de>
  • To: Miles Sabin <msabin@cromwellmedia.co.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 18:05:48 +0100

Miles Sabin wrote:
> David Meggison wrote,
> > I don't want to do that, but here's a possible compromise:
> I think the advocates of pull would be better off defining
> a completely separate API, better tuned to the very different
> style of parsing and handling they need ... which isn't to
> say that that API couldn't or shouldn't be part of the SAX
> empire.

Actually, I have already implemented a "Pull Wrapper" on
top of SAX.

Having two separate APIs for two completely different
approaches to parsing is probably a cleaner than having a
"Monser-SAX" doing everything.

If someone else is implementing a pull parser, we should
try to agree on a common, parser independent interface.
(e.g. org.xml.pullparser.* ?).

I would like it very much if we could just something
similar to my current interface (I am nearly through
implementing an XSchema parser using it), but I am
open for everything...

My wrapper is LGPL-available at http://www.trantor.de/xml

It is already able to process namespaces.

Best regards

Stefan