   LISTADMIN: Update on list transfer to OASIS

  • From: "Rzepa, Henry" <h.rzepa@ic.ac.uk>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 09:00:35 +0000

I received today notification that reorganisation at OASIS
(it involves, inter alia, re-mapping of all the DNS
IP resolutions to a new physical site, which is one reason why
the transfer is occurring later than we all expected)   is now
largely complete.  OASIS were waiting for this before
implementing the new list server.

I gather now that the new list is only days away from functioning,
at which  point  I will post details here of how to access it etc.

Meanwhile, I will summarise what we have done thus far

1. A complete list of subscribers as of  3 Jan was sent to
OASIS in response to their request. This included the xml-dev-digest
list.

2. I have continued to add new subscribers, and the
details of the  150 people or so who have subscribed since then
have also been passed to  OASIS.

of the type

unsubscribe  xml-dev

PLEASE NOTE the message is sent to majordomo@ic.ac.uk  and NOT
to  xml-dev@ic.ac.uk. If you send to the latter, it achieves nothing, and
merely irritates people (I might add that I often got comments regarding the
length of the signature file appended to this message, but since removing
unsubscription details in preparation for the transfer, the number of
incorrect unsubscriptions has ballooned!

4. requests of the type sent to majordomo@ic.ac.uk