   RE: Clearer W3C Specs (was Re: XML Information Set is seeding impenetrab

  • From: "Don Park" <donpark@docuverse.com>
  • To: <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 13:20:02 -0800

>This posting (and a diatribe against the Schema draft that I saw today)
>reminded me to bring this issue to my AC Rep's attention. Can
>anyone suggest other concrete proposals for improving the situation?

Sure.  How about releasing a more interactive form of the spec that
allows the reader to:

  1. rate individual paragraph for clarity
  2. post annotations

If W3C can't afford do this themselves, we can just use Third Voice
or something like it for this.  If Third Voice's platform restrictions
is a problem, we can just leave W3C documents as they are and create a
value-added version at at different site that allows annotation and
rating.

We spend most of our time talking about new technologies and many of us
build'em but, goddammit, lets use some!

Best,

Don Park    -   mailto:donpark@docuverse.com
Docuverse   -   http://www.docuverse.com