   Re: Geoworks and their patent

  • From: terje@in-progress.com (Terje Norderhaug)
  • To: <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 11:31:27 -0800

At 9:47 AM 1/23/00, Jon Smirl wrote:

>Their stock price has gone from $2 to $40 in the last two months. The rise
>seems to be based on expectations of a large royalty stream from this
>patent.
>
>I see no mention of wireless in the patent, yet they appear to only be
>applying the patent to WAP. It looks to me like a generic patent on the
>concept of stylesheets.

It seems more like the patent is on using object oriented design patterns
to decouple the presentational aspects of a user interface from the
underlying data and application. I'd sell my stock tomorrow if I had any...

-- Terje <terje@in-progress.com> | Media Design in*Progress

   Software for Mac Web Professionals at <http://www.in-progress.com>
   Take advantage of XML with Emile, the first XML editor for Mac!

unsubscribe xml-dev  (or)