   white space

  • From: Boxin Dai <Boxin.Dai@SARAIDE.COM>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 10:45:22 -0500

Hello, Everyone:

I use SUN's parser to parser a XML document based on DOM. But due to white
space and "\n" in document, I can not parser it. Once remove all white space
and "\n", it is success. I try to use builder.ignoringWhiteSpace(true);, but
it still does work. For example, the Node has only one child, but when I use
hetChildNodes(), it will return 3 child nodes. I print the node name, the
first one is "#text". Where it is come from? Does anybody know how to handle
this problem? Thanks you very much.

Boxin Dai
Software Designer
Saraide.com