   Re: ANN: XTech 2000 in San Jose

  • From: "Steven R. Newcomb" <srn@techno.com>
  • To: david@megginson.com
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 13:29:55 -0600

> We're also trying out a new evening event, called "Town Hall
> Meetings": on the Tuesday and Wednesday evenings, after dinner, we're
> going to hold open-mike town-hall meetings on key W3C standards.

Why limit the topics of discussion to "key W3C standards"?  This
doesn't sound like a Town Hall Meeting to me.  It sounds much more
like a meeting of a particular political party.  At a Town Hall
Meeting, by contrast, persons of all political persuasions and
allegiances can be heard, and all topics of common interest to the
residents of the Town can be discussed.

Perhaps more to the point, who is paying for the meeting space and the
open mike?  If it's the participants in XTech 2000, by means of their
conference registration fees, then why aren't *they* in control of the
agenda?

-Steve

--
Steven R. Newcomb, President, TechnoTeacher, Inc.
srn@techno.com  http://www.techno.com  ftp.techno.com

voice: +1 972 517 7954
fax    +1 972 517 4571

Suite 211
7101 Chase Oaks Boulevard
Plano, Texas 75025 USA

Please note: New list subscriptions and unsubscriptions
are  now ***CLOSED*** in preparation for list transfer to OASIS.