   FW: New version of the Table of contents document

  • From: Amanda Xu <AXu@epnet.com>
  • To: "'martind@netfolder.com'" <martind@netfolder.com>, "'peter@ursus.demon.co.uk'" <peter@ursus.demon.co.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 09:49:09 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Amanda Xu
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2000 9:40 AM
To: 'Didier PH Martin'; 'Peter Murray-Rust'
Cc: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
Subject: RE: New version of the Table of contents document

I am very new to this.  Please forgive me if I made a mistake.

As far as I am concerned, all the identifiers (either a URL
pointer, dumb number like a DOI, or a meaningful number like
issn, or SICI should be surrounded by metadata in a registry
service.  And it is the metadata that need namespaces.

I tried to declare entities in the XML document instead of DTD
on IE5 for client-side processing. It works.  As we all know, the
IE5 for the client-side processing is a non-validating parser.
I have not tried it on the server-side yet.

By the way, the idea of doing so should be credited to Steven
DeRose.   Hope this helps!

A.