   RE: XML Schemas: Needs Marketing?

  • From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 23:42:57 -0500

At 10:10 PM 2/10/00 -0500, Murray Maloney wrote:
>It has long been
>Commerce One's view that an interoperable XML Schema language is
>a prerequisite to interoperable e-commerce solutions.

I hope that we can find out during the Candidate Recommendation (or
possibly sooner) whether the size and scope of the XML Schema
specifications lead to a large number of less-than-completely-interoperable
functionality subsets.

I'm hoping that XML Schemas prove simple and efficient to implement, but
(based on my readings of the latest drafts), I can't say I'm optimistic.

Simon St.Laurent
Building XML Applications
Cookies / Sharing Bandwidth
http://www.simonstl.com