   Re: (Pre)Announce: Gutenberg at HWG

  • From: "Dave Carlson" <dcarlson@ontogenics.com>
  • To: <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 10:01:30 -0700

Frank,
I recently stumbled across the Open eBook XML initiative (see
http://www.openebook.org/ ).  I am interested if either of your
organizations have an opinion on OEB, particularly because I noticed it is
not mentioned in your announcement.

OEB requires use of a subset of XHTML for the body of the eBook (but allows
for extensions), and defines an XML package document standard for defining
all of the book's parts, plus specifying Dublin Core metadata.

-- Dave