   Re: SAX (Introduction, Recomandations, Future...)

  • From: Stefan Haustein <stefan.haustein@trantor.de>
  • To: Jon Bosak <bosak@boethius.eng.sun.com>, xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 19:25:58 +0100

> Despite its success so far, the process you've got now for SAX is
> not democratic.  It puts all decision-making authority in the
> hands of a single person.  The fact that the person in question
> happens to be above reproach does not change the fact that this is
> a benevolent dictatorship.  I don't buy the benevolent dictator
> model of standards development no matter how highly I regard the
> dictator of the moment.

Even if the process is not democratic at the moment,
there are democratic alternatives to the $$$ democracy option.

For example, the XML-DEV members could elect a "moderator"
taking over David's role (probably David himself...). Democracy
does not exclude delegation of final decisions to an appropiate person.

Best regards

Stefan Haustein

--
SAX-based access to WBXML and WML: http://www.trantor.de/wbxml