   ANN: SAX2 beta2 for Java released

  • From: David Megginson <david@megginson.com>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 10:13:17 -0500 (EST)

SAX2 beta2 for Java is now available at

  http://www.megginson.com/SAX/SAX2/

The changes from SAX2 beta1 are minor:

- removed JDK 1.2 dependency from NamespaceSupport (SAX2 should
  compile and run with JDK 1.1 now)

- added a simple XMLReaderFactory class, similar to the old
  ParserFactory (but with subtle improvements, especially in the
  exceptions raised)

- added default constructors to ParserAdapter and XMLReaderAdapter,
  using system properties to locate the embedded Parser/XMLReader

- fixed ParserAdapter so that it can be reused after a previous parse
  raised an exception

- several documentation fixes and clarifications (see
  http://www.megginson.com/SAX/SAX2/changes.html for details)

Thanks to everyone who sent in suggestions, bug reports and patches,
and flames for SAX2/Java beta1.  I'd like people to try to smoke out
any remaining bugs (code or docs) in beta2, then we can move quickly
to final and get to work on SAX2/C++.

All the best,

David

           http://www.megginson.com/