   Announce: Updated SAX2 Utilities package

  • From: David Brownell <david-b@pacbell.net>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 18:25:18 -0800

I'm pleased to announce a new release of my SAX2 utilities.  Follow the
links to download or browse, at:

	http://home.pacbell.net/david-b/xml/

New in this release:

	- Some non-javadoc documentation, with the docbook 3.1.7 XML
	  source included.  (XML, XSLT ... browse THAT !  ;-)

	- SAX2beta2 support ... check those handler IDs!

	- A sample XML/XHTML validation/checker tool, which I've found
	  useful for validating and link checking XML/XHTML web sites.

	- Improved commandline support.  Now exit status reflects failure
	  if you configured a validating parse and there were errors.

The main page of the documentation got a lot bigger.  But, courtesy of
the stylesheet I'm currently using, it has a table of contents so it
ought to be easy to browse effectively.  I think the tables help too.

Long time features of this package include:

	- Lots of SAX2beta2 parsers and wrappers, six in number

	- One of them is a faster, more conformant AElfred (+ validation)

	- A pipeline framework for transformations via SAX2 events

	- Some pipeline stages including a validator, link grabber,
	  message exchanger, namespace fixer, xml writer ...

	- Open Source

And more, but you can read the rest via the URL above!

- Dave